Back pain is one the most common types of pain experienced by 80 percent of the adult population in the United Kingdom, at some point in their lifetime. There are several reasons why back pain occurs while standing for long periods. The primary cause is bad posture that induces hip pain when standing for long periods.
The pelvic bone is pulled back, thereby increasing the arc of the lower back, which is popularly known as the lumbar region. This arching exerts pressure on the soft muscles which envelopes the vertebral column. The extended period of standing can eventually lead to sore muscles or worse, muscle spasms. This can be very painful. The pain arises from the joints of the vertical column or from the blocking of nerves.
What can increase the chances of hip pain from standing all day
- Bad posture – poor posture is one of the main reasons for back pain. A bad posture will disrupt the natural distribution of your body weight.
- Sleeping pattern – bad sleeping habits can contribute to the poor state of your back. If you have a habit of sleeping on your desk then it can put a strain on your vertebral column worsening the effect of back pain.
- Carrying weights – while standing, if you carry heavy weights than your back can support, then the chances of getting muscle spasm increases multifold.
- Obesity – Being overweight or obese can exacerbate the chances of having back pain from standing for too long.
You will soon need to visit a back pain clinic in the UK if you continue to maintain and live with an unhealthy lifestyle. However, one can prevent back pain or lower the chance of getting one by exercising regularly. Regular exercise will help the muscles in the lumbar region to relax. It will also eliminate all the soreness. Exercising on a daily basis will make your muscles strong and lower the chance of hip pain.
There are a plethora of non-surgical treatments available that can relieve back pain. However, they still need to be administered by trained professionals. Check out relevant search engine platforms with “spine specialist near me” to get immediate assistance from experts.
The Treatment Process
These treatments are as follows:
- Acupuncture uses very small sterilized needles that are gently put into the epidermis to promote the flow of energy and generate endorphins, which have a natural painkilling effect.
- Back pain can be reduced or eliminated with the Pulsed Electromagnetic Field medical procedure which also has the potential to speed up the healing process.
- Vertebralepidural injections can eliminate the pain in the spine.
If the pain persists for a long duration of time, it is recommended that you visit the best doctor in the UK. Seek assistance from expert professionals such as Mr. Jwalant Mehta and his specialty clinic Mehtaspine. MehtaSpine has a state-of-the-art, medical facility for the treatment of spinal problems. Visit his official website for more information or book an appointment for consultation or treatment.