Back pain is not uncommon and it might happen to some people after they have been sitting or sleeping in an awkward position. But back pain should not always be taken as a joke as sometimes, it can be more serious than one might think and the person might have to visit a spine specialist to be cured.
Middle back pain
We all know that pain can occur in different parts of our spine. When a particular type of pain or discomfort is felt by a person between their lower and upper back that is when they have mid back pain. This area consists of the spine, nerves, blood vessels, spinal cord, discs, ligaments, and tendons. If any structure is injured or irritated due to any reason, that is when a person develops severe mid-back pain.
WHEN TO WORRY ABOUT BACK PAIN?
Symptoms are what can describe how severe one’s back pain is. A person might want to run to the back specialist after learning the symptoms that might be serious and require medical help as soon as possible to avoid any further damage. So the serious symptoms of mid-back pain are:
- When one experiences severe pain at night which can lead to fever.
- When a person experiences shortness of breath and pain in the chest.
- When the pain in the mid back area of the person lasts for longer than 6 weeks and keeps getting worse.
- When the area of the person becomes numb and there is difficulty with bladder, sexual, or bowel functions.
- When a person’s legs and arms become weak.
- When their arms and legs start becoming numb and they start painting terribly.
- If a person has fractured his or her spine.
- When a person experiences back pain which occurs in several places.
Written above were the common serious symptoms that a person of any age can have. For the people who are above the age of 40, written below are a few symptoms which might be taken as a warning sign by them.
- They might experience chest pain and after some time, that chest pain might move to other areas of their body like the neck, jaw, stomach, sternum, or shoulder.
- They might experience chest pain which just becomes worse when they perform any kind of activity or exercise.
- They might experience chest pain which gets worse after a good meal, a cold, or stress.
- They might experience severe chest pain which feels like they are being restricted from moving.
So these are the warning signs when one needs to know that things are pretty serious and should not be overlooked at any cost.
A person living in the UK who might be looking for the back specialist UK might want to visit Dr. Jwalant S. Mehta. Dr. Mehta is the spine surgeon in the UK and he will be helping you out in getting rid of all the unwanted back pain.